Thursday, March 13, 2008

What the heck is Chromium Picolinate?


......and other questions you may have been wondering as to what I am taking everyday. Well my dear, sweet, wonderful, amazing, and super smart friend Michelle -- gave me some info to share with all of you as to what I take and why. So here goes....



CHROMIUM PICOLINATE

-Helps with blood sugar disorders and glucose intolerance, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, & hypoglycemia.

-supports the endocrine system blood & arteries - excellent for food cravings (sugars/carbs)

-burns fat, increases muscle, reduces triglycerides & cholesterol

Co Q 10

-powerful antioxidant, excellent for high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, congestive heart failure -supports respiratory system, heart disorders, immune system and digestive system

ALPHA LIPOIC ACID

-helps w/diabetes, antioxidant, treats diabetic neuropathy, protects liver, boosts immune systems, kills free radicals

**Free Radicals - reactive elements that want to steal electrons for componds that they come into contact with. i.e. environmental toxins, household chemicals, unhealthy oils, food preservatives, chemicals in refined foods, or emotional stressors**

OMEGA 3

- essential fatty acids. Normalizes blood pressure, reduces triglycerides*reducing the risk for heart attack or stroke. Anti inflamatory- promotes joint funtion & comfort. - brain food , focus clarity & balance in mood

FLAX OIL

alpha lindenic acid - boos cardiovascular health, lowers blood pressure, enhance brain function, contains liguans which boost the immune system function. *have healthy fiber with this

CHLOROPHYLL (greens or green vibrance)

spirulina, alfalfa, wheatgrass, greens. - high in protein, aids in degestion, protects nervous system, cancer fighting properties, helps body shed excess fat by regulating normal blood sugar metabolism - can aid in the reversal of diabetes & heart disease

B- COMPLEX

aids in proper digestion, natural energy source, help prevent anemia, cell metabolism, increases rate of metabolism - enhances immune and nervous system

I have never taken so many vitamins or supplements before, but I can already tell the one day that I didn't take them that I felt different. Plus all these natural - God created additions to my working out can only assist me. These are just what I take, but there is a whole slew of others out there. If you have a really great health food store like we do, they usually have people in there who will help to educate you on a supplement before taking it. So I hope this helps! :)

2 comments:

Peaceful Epiphany said...

HEY HEY HEY!!! I do the Multi vitamin, the b vitamins, the flax oil and the fish oils. I take them once a day but after reading the bottle, I need to take them at least twice a day. I also take vitamin C and echinacea for my immune system just because I have been so sick lately.

I also feel a HUGE difference when I don't take them. Thanks for sharing what you take Sarah!

Now, what protein bar do you eat again??? I wanna get them for after my workouts. :)
Love ya,
Jen

MizMags said...

I'm just curious, Sarah, did you get this cocktail from someone at the health food store? Tom? Your Dr? I take Vitamins and was thinking about trying Q10. It has tons of health benefits. One thing I can tell you is Pico was not a good supplement for me. I took it years ago when I was just a little overweight and a gym rat. It made my heart race like crazy and I was advised to stop using it. :) Just wanted you to be aware of that :)
I use real flax seeds, (ground) I like the added nutty flavor they bring to foods.
Over the 14 months I've been eating ONLY whole foods and trying to get lots of vitamins the old fashioned way as well. Sometimes it seems so complicated, don't you agree?

Love yourself today Sarah, you're worth it,
love and hugs,
Maggie