#1 - I did weigh in this morning and it did show a loss
#2 - I cried because it wasn't the weight loss I thought it would be
#3 - Tom and I have decided that the scale sucks.
ok... I know you need more details than that. Well we weighed in when Tom got here. When I started this journey I weighed myself on the old Detecto and it said that I was 418 or 417 it was kinda hard to really tell. And today it said that I was like 412 or 413-ish. So like 5 or 6 lbs? But the scale I have wasn't necessarily designed to weigh someone my weight nor do I think it is calibrated properly. Tom agreed. So I decided to go and weigh myself at the hospital with their digital scale later in the day.
So then I went and weighed in. And this is what I saw.....
So there you have it. I have no idea now what I started at-but this is the new starting weight I am working with. And I AM THRILLED! In just 4.2 lbs and I will be out of the 400's!! F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!! So since I was at the hospital I walked over to my doctor's office who did my lap band surgery and got the stats of all my weigh in's there. My heighest weight before my surgery was 478.6. So that means I have lost 74 lbs since my surgery. Wow. I had no idea. And so my new goal is to lose the 26 lbs that I would need to hit the 100 lb mark. Can you imagine? 100 lbs gone!?!?!?
And I haven't decided BUT I might not weigh again until the end of the month. I'm not sure I can deal with the stress of it al. BUT... I dunno. Then again it can be encouraging. And knowing that I have to drive somewhere to weigh in... well it's not like I can just jump on the scale at home. But ....anyway. There ya go !!!

7 comments:
Great job Sarah!!! I'm sure you are so psyched and motivated to get out of the 400's. Congrats to you! I'm proud of you. Yep....the detecto scale is not the right one. Maybe it's best to drive to the hospital to get weighed.
Again, great job!
Diana
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO SARAH!!!!
That is an AWESOME weigh in!!!
CONGRATS!!!
((HUGS))
Jeanne
Very proud of you Sarah and I am SO GLAD you got an ACCURATE weight now. Remember, even though your mind is playing tricks with you right now about not knowing what last weeks TRUE weight was prior to starting all this, LAST WEEK WAS CERTAINLY NOT WASTED! You kicked butt and the scale yesterday showed it!!! In less than 5 pounds you will see the 3's!!!! And will be out of the 400's FOREVER!!!! Never to return because your new lifestyle WILL NOT ALLOW IT!!!
Shooting for 100 pounds with Trainer Tom is a FANTASTIC goal! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
I love you girl! Have a beautiful Tuesday!!!
Love,
Jen
YEAH !!!!!!!! that is awesome.. You are doing so good. I am so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work. Have a blessed day.
Dondie
WOW!!! That is awesome! I'm so so so proud of you. Sexy Sarah, ooohhh yea. Loves it. Can I get a shout out on one of your videos? I'm envious! hahaha
Can I ask what that HUGE HUMMING noise was at the scale?? WTH????
Kinda freaky!!!
LOL
Jen
Oh Sarah, I'm late getting here, but I am just soooo impressed with you -- you are doing GREAT!! How awesome to know that by the time you weigh in again, you'll have already gone below 400!! And I love that you have the 100 pound milestone within reach, as well. THAT will motivate you. As you begin to see your efforts paying off, you'll be even more motivated to stay on course. I can't wait to hear you say you GET the endorphin thing I've been telling Jen about for years (she still hasn't experienced an endorphin rush -- I think YOU will if you stay on this regimen!!). LOL Please let me know when you're feeling them, okay?
Hugs,
:) Carol
Post a Comment