Just checking in. Today overall I feel kinda lazy. I worked out with Tom this morning and then he stretched me out today. Ok. I have never been "stretched" by someone else, but let me tell you.... it rocked! I mean truth is, at my size, it is hard to get into a good stretch position and hold it where you can feel the benefit and release of the stretch. But Tom helped me and it really felt great.... a little weird.... but I have gone way past weird and embarrassing with this guy!! LOL. He kinda gave me an "easy" day. Actually he wasn't going to have me work out at all today until I gave him a hard enough time and we did. I can't believe I was anxious to work out!! But he felt like my body needed a rest. So it didn't get rest but it got kinda "simple" day. Although I did sweat and get out of breath as usual.
Tomorrow is Friday and this week has flown by! AND TOMORROW I GET MY FRIDAY TREAT....MY MASSAGE WITH JOHNNY!!! YAY! And in the afternoon..a pedicure. :) I am really looking forward to that!!!! And thanks for the words of encouragement everyone regarding the Chick-Fil-A outing. I know it was the right decision!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Hi Sarah, I'm a friend of Jen, she told me to tell you I'm Maggie from NY, lol, her friend who's lost and gained and almost relost it all again? Familiar? LOL. I'm sorry I'm getting here Week 2 day 4 but I gotta tell ya, I've read all of your posts and girl, I am so inspired, impressed and with you all the way. I've really enjoyed your videos too! Tom is cute, you can tell him I said so, lol. (tell him, don't get scared, I'm just a sucker for a fitness guru, I had a love affair with B. Harper last year ;)) I have so many comments I want to make about a lot of entries so I'm gonna back track and do that. It's great meeting you and I'm honored to be part of this journey with you! Like you, I have a story and 2 journals on AOL. One public and One private, let me know if you want in :) Ok, I gotta go I got some OTHER comments to make. Have a great night and just like I tell all my friends... Love yourself today, Sarah, you're worth it.
love and hugs,
Maggie
Yup....THAT REALITY you are thinking about today TOTALLY SUCKS. Been there, dealing with that reality right now actually.
I have been fighting this battle since MY surgery 8 years ago. There have been SO MANY TIMES where I just wanted to say "I AM OKAY WITH WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW"....but that is just giving up...and I am just one meal, one easter peep binge, one crazy "whatever" away from 250 pounds, from 300 pounds, from 375 pounds where I began my journey in 2000.
I CANNOT GO BACK THERE!!! I cannot settle on being 225 pounds. SETTLING IS GIVING UP. IT'S QUITTING.
I HAVE to continue fighting. I HAVE to press on. I HAVE to shoot to get under 200 pounds and fight hard to STAY THERE!
I am not shooting for a size 8....I am realistic enough to know that with my body shape, fat percentage and size right now that WITHOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, I will never get to a size 8 ANYTHING....but I KNOW I can get under 200 pounds and I KNOW I can maintain that weight in a HEALTHY WAY.
BUT...it will be a LIFETIME BATTLE. I will be doing this FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! I will be fighting to stay under 200 pounds for the REST OF MY LIFE. And that reality...when it hit me a couple months back, REALLY, REALLY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!
That's why what I do has to be a LIFE CHANGE....not just a "diet". And THAT IS WHY I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO MUCH....because what you are doing is a LIFE/BODY/SOUL/MIND CHANGE. Not a 30 day diet.
And THAT BEING SAID....I KNOW you will be a success FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE because YOU AND TOM are creating a FOUNDATION that you can BUILD ON and KEEP UP WITH for the REST OF YOUR LIFE and THAT IS WHY this 30 day promise to yourself is SOOOO IMPORTANT to stick to.
IT'S NOT JUST A PROMISE....IT'S A FOUNDATION FOR LIFE!!!
Get it? Got it? GOOD!!!
Love you Bella!
Hugs,
Jen
You are right. This is not easy. For me, I see it as a lifetime challenge. I will always have obstacles that I will have to deal with....challenges that will have to be met. But what will get easier...is the behavior in how you look at the challenges and obstacles. If you focus also on changing your behaviors it will get easier. The workouts will always be there. Don't focus on the future and "what ifs". Focus on today and what you will accomplish and how you will deal with the challenges. You'll be in a better position then to deal with tomorrow. One day at a time.
You are in a good position right now that you can focus 100% on starting your journey with getting healthy. You'll have all the tools to be able to use when you start a job and be successful to incorporate workouts.
Yes, it's a lifestyle change. One that we will have to incorporate workouts and planning on healthy eating. But it's so worth it!!!
You're doing great!!
Diana
FOREVER.....
When my dad passed away almost 8 years ago, I remember thinking "wow, he's gone forever...and forever is a REALLY, REALLY long time." That's when it really sunk in for me. The whole idea of FOREVER.
I think that scares me about this journey. Forever IS a long time and it's overwhelming to me to think that I have to exercise and be careful of what I eat FOREVER.
I know that probably is looking too far into it. I know I should just focus on "one day at a time." But I am a PLANNER. I want it all "scheduled" and "planned out" and organized.
This journey called my life doesn't work that way. It's not always organized. Things happen, stuff changes, and I have learned to "go with the flow" in alot of aspects of my life. Except this one.
I need to figure this out in my head. I need to know, deep in my heart, that this is FOREVER. I have to work out FOREVER. SO...I have to make it work.
Without excuses.
This is gonna be a tough one.
((hugs))
Jeanne
thanks for my shout out. I know I can be a baby. :) I love you a lot a lot
Yes RENEE!!! I DO know how you feel!! I was like "HEY....I am on the video and Trainer Tom said my name!!!!!" LOL
Doesn't take much to excite me, I know....(lol)
((hugs))
Jeanne, Jeanne the Dancing Machine! (lol)
PS....By the way, I am not a very good dancer! (lol)
original post:
and one more thing. It kinda makes you feel like a celebrity when your name gets mentioned on the video. Like, OMG, that's me!!! I'm sure "Jeanne the dancin queen" knows what I mean! LOL
I tried to delete it since I said queen and not machine, but you were too quick Jeanne!
okay... i'm obsessed with your page... a little addicted but not nearly as addicted as i am to you.. I love you soooo much, am sooo proud of you... and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited for you times 977. I wish i was with you now... it would be like old times... only this time it's beter. you are beautiful... BEAUTIFUL! and one of the most loving wonderful hilarious hardcore people ever... i tell you no lie. - lolo
Hey Sara P!
Just wanted to check in. I tried to post last week...but it wasn't allowing me to.
Anyway...very good insight. You said the magic words. It's a life style change...but as much as change is difficult for all of us...it's nice to see you work so hard and see all the encouragement you bring to so many others. Tom is great! While he is quite good looking on the outside...I think I'm diggin his inner beauty even more. God is blessing you girl!
Keep up the good work!
God bless,
Wendy
Post a Comment