Friday, March 7, 2008

Breaking Through

So both yesterday and today I had two moments of break down which I think were turned into break through. The first happened during my night time cardio. Here's what happened...


So I continued on. And it was hard. I have to thank my mom. She came in and cheer'd me on until I got done. And then just to prove to myself that it hadn't gotten the best of me, I even did 10 minutes extra. Not at the same intensity.... but I still did.

And then today when I was working out I broke down again. Tom asked me if I wanted him to film it. And so we did...

And so there you have it. I think that both of these moments occurred because like I said before, I have trouble finishing things. I'm used to giving up. I'm familiar with just letting go and not finishing. But this has to be different. This time I must perservere. God is doing something in me and I know I just have to face it. This is all part of the change. Not only the outer me, but the inner. I think also that when Tom pushes me it just takes me out of my comfort zone on so many levels. You know I have heard it said that being fat is not about being overweight or over eating...it's much more than that. It's about letting go..... I am learing to let go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you for perservering and finishing the workouts. Yes it is hard....very hard at times. But you did it. And I know you're proud of yourself too! No one said this was going to be easy. Just take one day at a time....one workout at a time. You'll do fine.

We're all supporting you!

Diana

Peaceful Epiphany said...

I am so incredibly proud of you for not only FINISHING day four Sarah, but for SHARING this with everyone who is reading.

You have such strength and power. You have NO IDEA. I have always told you that you were put on this earth for a purpose. I don't know what that purpose IS, but I KNOW it has to do with reaching out to people and connecting with them on a level only YOU can do.

You have the ministry in you Sarah that you have JUST started to light the fire on....not just with your weight loss battle, but with your life in general.

You have been in the mission field for years....God has set up a path for you and has prepared a road for you and has given you a special gift. God has put people in your life to lead you on a journey, to give you talents and rewards and benefits that will grace you in ways you have never been graced before.

I am not sure yet where it will LEAD you, but your faith, your glory in God and your ability to pray with and for others in their time of need, your ability to perservere when you think you have no more left in you, your ability to join others and show them happiness and show them their blessings is amazing. I have witnessed it. Time and time again, I have witnessed it first hand Sarah and I have benefited from your abilities first hand. If everyone here knew the Sarah I knew.....you would BLOW THEM AWAY!

God, I miss you!!!! I am so proud of you!!! KEEP FINISHING!!!
Love you,
Jen

Jeanne said...

I have watched this video in awe. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling because I have had that feeling many, many times. But you were so strong and so committed and you did what you had to do and you FINISHED! That is so totally AWESOME!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

sophiaarcese said...

SARAH!!! I am SOO excited you are doing this! I was so encouraged to get on the treadmill myself,but its almost 1 am so I better not but I am going to check in on you, and maybe I can get myself back on my treadmill and do the rest of the 30 days too... WAY TO GO GIRL!!
Praying for ya! Love Ya!