Monday, April 7, 2008

Month Two ... Week Two.... Day One

Hey all . Well it is month two, week two, and day one. I worked out with Tom again this morning and guess what he had me do today? JUMPS. Oh how we know that I love jumping in place. I have tried repeatedly to tell Tom that big girls do not jump, however, he is convinced otherwise. But to my surprise, I was able to do them SO much more easily then when I started a month ago. I remember that first day was like torture. Not only the embarassment, but it was just physically hard. Today, well I still don't feel 100% confident when I am jumping in front of Tom, but I did feel way better physically. Not so out of breath. Using both feet to lift off of the ground. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. LOL. Working out has become....... uh oh.....wait for it.....

F~U~N!!!! I mean, I really look forward to working out. Like last week I was done walking on the treadmill for an HOUR.... yes I did everyday for about 45min to an hour..... and I had back sweat on my shirt!!! How sweet is that!!! LOL. OK some of you are probably thinking, huh? But I used to go to the gym and see people working out and they would have back sweat. And I never worked out that hard to get that. Now I do. Just kinda oddly proud of that in a sense. But also know that I still sometimes get overwhelmed with what I still have left to lose. That I know it's going to take awhile. It's not going to happen "overnight" like it does on the Biggest Loser. BUT......everyday I am moving one step closer. And everyday God is making me more like Him and less like me.

I really am working on getting the videos back up and running. I APPRECIATE the support so much on here. Please.....let me know........how are you all doing?

(and oh....Tom says hi :) We will do some videos this week.)

4 comments:

Diana said...

In the beginning of my journey, I rarely exercised. But the more I forced myself, the more easier it got, and the more I kinda enjoyed it. And now....well I look forward to walking at lunchtime at work, and going to the gym to use the treadmill after work. And believe it or not, I wake up at 5 am to get 20-30 min in before work. This weekend I dug out a dvd of Walk Away the Pounds that I bought 2 years ago and never opened. I did it for the first time this morning and it felt great!!! I'm starting with the 1 mile walk (approx 20 min), but it gets the heart going and gets me to sweat.

You have been an inspiration to me and others to get off the couch and get moving! And thank you for that.

I'm glad to see you back. Regards to Tom too!!! We missed both of you.

Have a successful week!

Diana

Jeanne said...

I'm afraid to say this, but I think my body is actually getting used to exercising too! Today I did my 8 Minute As tape in the morning, took BOTH dogs for a walk, took a KILLER one hour water aerobics class AND spent 30 minutes playing DDR on the Wii. AND I AM STILL STANDING!!!!

Now, I might not be able to get out of BED in the morning, but for now....for today....I DID IT. And it wasn't even that bad!!!!

You were and continue to be a huge motivation to me....to get off my ass!!! For that, I THANK YOU....and I am SOOOOO glad you are back!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Lazarai said...

Oh Sarah, you have no idea how HAPPY I am to hear you say that!! I HOPE JEN IS READING THIS!!! I love exercising (spinning HARD 4 or 5 days a week (1 hr. classes) and lifting weights). I love back sweat and front sweat and side sweat when I'm in the gym and no other time (and you know I live here in Seminole, so I sweat most of the year like it or not just being here!!)

Anyhoo, I believe you are now experiencing endorphins which can only be earned by really hard work. Isn't that a GREAT feeling? It does make you look forward to working out hard!!

Keep doing what you're doing Sarah!! And congrats on breaking the 400 mark -- you're doing so well!!!

Hugs,
Carol

Peaceful Epiphany said...

Yeah FUN.....whatever Carol said. Those "ELUSIVE endorphins". LOL.

You all keep searching and keep telling me how FUN exercise is.

Maybe one day I will be in the FUN club.

Until then.....I will just keep picturing TOM doing those low squats. LOL. ;)
Hugs,
Jen